All of us need healthcare to live a healthy life. In Dubai, it is a sector in which Dubai investors are always seeking a competitive advantage. Dubai Health Authority (DHA) is responsible for approving medical facility licenses and issuing final permits.
DHA approval is required for the following activities.
- The hospital system.
- An experiment lab.
- The radiology fields.
- The dental field.
- Center for optical systems.
- Fertilization Center.
- Mediclinic General.
- Clinic of polyclinics
Medical Licensing Process in Dubai
The licensing process for medical facilities is as follows:
Dubai Economic Department initiates the licensing process. Dubai Health Authority gives initial approval and asks you to get the final support from DED. After the DHA has approved your application, you will have to provide certain documents.
General requirements for new facilities include:
- Copies of passports and Emirates IDs for local partners.
- Copies of all ex-pat partners’ passports, visas, and Emirates IDs. Emirates ID is not required for holders of visit visas.
- Layout for the facility/floor plan. In addition, the layout should include labels for the rooms and measurements in square meters (should come from an engineering office that has been approved.)
- Licensing for engineering offices. To qualify for this activity, you should be engaged in the work of interior decoration or architectural prospecting drawings.
- Owner or partner proposal letter or power of attorney letter. All partners, or the person with a power of attorney in Dubai, should sign or confirm the location, specialists, and services offered.
- It is possible to apply for an affection plan through Dubai Municipality or Ejari.
- The name reservation must be made through the Dubai Economic Department (DED) or a free zone.
- From the owner/partner / authorized representative of the DHA.
The DHA typically takes ten days to approve an initial application.
A trade license can be obtained from the DED after you have received initial approval from DHA. While working on the interior and exterior processes, you can also begin work on the location. Applying for the final DHA permit is the next step once the site is ready.
It will take 15 days to complete this process. As part of your medical facility, you must include professionals and medical directors. Upon inspection by DHA, the DHA will approve the facility and issue a final DHA license if everything complies with DHA guidelines. Upon receiving the final permit from DHA, you can begin offering your services.
Most Common Questions About Medical Facility Licensing
How do I get a clinic license in Dubai?
To set up a clinic in Dubai, these are the procedures;
- A trade name reservation application must be filed online with the Department of Economic Development (DED).
- The first step in obtaining initial clinic approval is to file a trade name reservation application with DED.
How can I get a license to practice medicine in the UAE?
Find out what you need to know to apply for your UAE medical license:
- Step 1: Self-evaluation.
- Step 2: Create an account on Sheryan.
- Step 3: Assessment of PSV and CBT.
- Step 4: Is to register.
- Step 5: Assessment of the oral form.
- Step 6: Get a professional license.
- Step 7: Get all the documents required for license renewal.
What are the requirements for a DHA license?
When you submit an application for the DHA review, you should prepare the following documents:
- A copy of a valid passport.
- New passport-size photograph.
- Logbook for the surgical specialties for the last two years.
- A valid Good Standing Certificate (GSC), which is not older than six months at the time of application.
What is the difference between DHA and MOH?
The DHA license gives you permission to practice in Dubai, while the MOH license allows you to work in the healthcare field in the other five emirates.
Can I work in Dubai with a MOH license?
MOH entitles you to practice anywhere in the UAE except the Emirates of Abu Dhabi and Dubai. To work in Dubai, you need a DHA license.