Reproductive Doctors in Dubai – Reproductive doctors in Dubai also known as reproductive endocrinologist or endocrine specialist are a kind of doctors that specializes in resolving the infertility issues of a person, whether she be a girl or he be a boy. If the general practitioner or the OB-GYNE is not able to diagnose the infertility problems that a patient may have, he is referred directly to a reproductive physician.
Reproductive Doctors in Dubai
A reproductive doctor in Dubai is also one who besides infertility problems is aware of reproductive health and the different factors that affect it for instance hormonal disorders and uncommon changes to a woman’s menstrual cycle. He or she is one who knows how to properly diagnose such concerns and is knowledgeable enough to give solutions to it.
Reproductive doctors in Dubai are specialists. They earned a 4-year degree from medical school but they have to undergo schooling specializing in obstetrics and gynecology. Afterwards, they’re to take a written and practical examination that will enable them to obtain the coveted certification to employ endocrinology in the location they’ve been permitted, too. If a taker doesn’t pass in the said examinations, that physician might not practice endocrinology or isn’t considered an endocrine specialist. He or she may only be your regular OB-GYNE.
Thus, if one wants to have a certified endocrinologist, one must look for this certificate in your doctor’s qualifications. You could also ask for referral from the general practitioner she trusts; or you could always wait for her gynecologist to refer her to a good reproductive doctor. There is also the medical board where a list of reproductive doctors may be found. A person has the right to consult or to ask for this list.
Once one has found her endocrinologist of choice, one isn’t required to stick it out with the said physician. This is especially if the doctor doesn’t possess the qualities of good endocrine experts. Keep in mind that reproductive health is truly a sensitive matter. So, if one finds every visit to one’s endocrinologist very uncomfortable, then one should switch doctors.
The list below should be a good enough guide in helping one spot the “good” reproductive physician from the “bad” reproductive physician, metaphorically speaking.
1. A dependable endocrinologist takes into consideration seriously the comfort and the needs of his patients. She is one who doesn’t presume or assume that her patient is comfortable with whatever it is that she is doing to her especially if this involves touching the patient’s sexual organs.
2. A qualified endocrine specialist is emphatic and patient towards his patients. She is one who puts her shoes in a patient’s situation especially if her patient has become panicky. She has more than enough patience to bear with her patient’s complaints and other concerns.
3. A reliable reproductive physician takes good care of her patients. She shows genuine care.
Tips To Select Your Fertility Doctor in Dubai And Increase The Chances of Pregnancy
Depending on your needs and particular situation, you’ll probably go to your regular OB/GYN physician for your initial fertility workup. If you become pregnant, that’s terrific! If you do not become pregnant under the care of your OB/GYN physician, ask him or her about a referral to a fertility specialist. But you should understand about your doctor’s educational background and his specialized training. That way you can be sure that you have the best doctor for your particular situation.
Obstetricians/gynecologists are doctors who graduated from medical school and then continued on to do a four-year residency specializing in women’s health. These health care providers are the ones that most women go to for basic female needs, such as Pap smears, birth control, female infections, and routine pregnancy and delivery. As far as fertility evaluation, the OB/GYN is capable of beginning some initial pregnancy testing and treatment. For example, your OB/GYN doctor may order blood tests, perform a laparoscopy, or prescribe a trial of a low-dose fertility medication. The amount of fertility evaluation and treatment that your OB/GYN can provide is likely the result of the doctor’s own training, interest, and comfort in the field of fertility. However, at some point, if you do not become pregnant from these preliminary methods, you will likely want to see a fertility specialist, the reproductive endocrinologist.
Tips to consider regarding OB/GYN physicians – Most of the tests and procedures done are covered by your health insurance.
- You may already know and feel comfortable with this doctor.
- These doctors are not specially trained or focused on fertility concerns.
- Being around lots of big, pregnant women in the waiting room might be depressing for you.
- Tests and procedures that you undergo with an OB/GYN may have to be repeated by the fertility specialist.
- Reproductive Endocrinologists
The reproductive endocrinologist has even more training than the OB/GYN doctor. These doctors have completed all of the requirements of the OB/GYN physician just discussed plus two to three additional years of fertility and reproductive procedure training. The primary role of the reproductive endocrinologist is to help you create your family. Most women use these doctors when they need additional assistance to become pregnant or avoid recurrent miscarriages. The reproductive endocrinologist is trained to diagnose and treat both female and male fertility issues. Of course, these doctors prescribe fertility medications and carry out advanced laparoscopy and hysteroscopic procedures. In addition, they can also boost your fertility with inseminations, in vitro fertilization (IVF), sperm injections, donor egg programs, and other advanced reproductive technologies. Once you become pregnant, the reproductive endocrinologist usually cares for you and monitors your progress during your first couple of months. By the end of your first trimester, the doctor will refer you back to your OB/GYN physician for routine prenatal care.
Tips to consider regarding reproductive endocrinologists:
- These doctors are the genuine fertility specialists-their education, training, and practice are focused on fertility.
- These doctors are capable of performing advanced reproductive technologies.
- Some of these doctors’ services may be covered by your health insurance, but most are not.
- You probably don’t know this doctor yet and will need to spend time getting to know and becoming comfortable with him or her.
- As with most things, you will have to evaluate benefits and drawbacks when selecting the best type of doctor to meet your needs. It is vitally important that
- you have a good feeling about your doctor, the office staff, and the clinic itself. The process of fertility evaluation and treatment is stressful enough. That’s why it’s especially critical that you sense a good connection and feel comfortable around your fertility doctor.