Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala General Surgeon Dubai UAE – Profile of Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala General Surgeon at Medeor 24×7 Hospital, Bur Dubai
Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala General Surgeon
– Training in Bariatric Surgery with Dr Raul Rosenthal, Cleveland Clinic, USA
– Training at Unit of Gastro Surgery ,With Dr Piet Pattyn, University of Ghent Hospital, Belgium
– Training in Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery with Prof. Seon Hahn Kim, Seoul, Korea
– Professor at Maharashtra University of Health sciences (MUHS)
– Yearly fellowships in Minimal Access & BariatricSurgery
– President Elect – International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO), Asia Pacific Chapter
– Asian Endo surgery Task Force (AETF)
– Member – Asia Pacific Metabolic & Bariatric Surgeons Board (APMBSS)
– Obesity Surgeons Society of India (OSSI)
– IAGES (Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons)
Honours and Awards:
– Rotary International Award for Young Achiever 2010
– ‘Humanitarian of the year’ Awarded by the All India Human Rights Association’ 2007.
– Ranbaxy Award for Best Thesis at MS. Exams ‘Therapeutic Endoscopy in Obstructive Jaundice’.
– Silver Medal at Shirin Mehtaji Oration – 1996
– Gold Medalist in Anatomy at First Year M.B.B.S.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
– Bariatric ( or obesity) Surgery with single incision technique
– Minimal Invasive Surgery for Colon cancer, Pancreatic cancer & other GI surgeries
Medeor 24×7 Hospital
Medeor 24×7 Hospital
PO Box: 26918
Consulates Area, Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Street (D 88)
Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
General Surgeons in Dubai
Surgeons are physicians that have received specialized training in order to perform operations to repair or remove a part of the body that is not functioning properly. Becoming a surgeon involves a commitment to many years of education. First an undergraduate degree must be earned, followed by attendance at a medical school to earn a doctorate of medicine. The process will usually take 8 years to complete, followed by a 5 year surgical residency program. There are a variety of specialties available for residency, including, but not limited to, general surgery, orthopedics, neurosurgery, and plastic surgery. The world of Surgeon Jobs is full of possibilities for specialization.
About General Surgery
General surgery is one of the many attractive specializations that a doctor can do because there are many general surgery jobs available at all times. If you qualify to be a general surgeon you can get a job in almost any hospital in places where your degree is valid. However, the task to become a surgeon is not an easy one because it involves a lot of studies. In addition, you will also need to devote quite a bit of your day to your work. However, this is a very rewarding field because you will have the ability to cure a variety of dangerous illnesses. In addition, your job will not lack for stimulation because you will encounter all sorts of interesting medical problems during the course of your career.
You will need to put in around 13 years into getting prepared to be a general surgeon of which approximately 5 years will be spent in surgical residency. Some people manage to reach their goal a little quicker if they enroll in a combined undergraduate and medical program. Once you do qualify to be a surgeon you will get to choose from amongst a variety of general surgery jobs. However, you have to be prepared to put in a lot of time into your job and it is certainly not one meant for the faint of heart. This is also no place for slackers.
It is very common for the average surgeon to work for 50 to 60 hours every week. A surgeon usually keeps time apart for appointments with patients in addition to around 3-4 days of surgery. The time allocated to surgery varies from practice to practice depending on the popularity of the surgeon. Over and above this, the surgeon will also be called in for emergencies.
Most general surgery jobs also require the incumbent to devote a lot of time to administrative matters. These matters are very important and cannot be avoided under any circumstance. Further, the surgeon will also have to invest time in staying abreast of developments in his or her field. Medical science is constantly evolving and health care professionals who do not update their knowledge will be left woefully behind. Patients are also better informed these days and expect their surgeon to offer them the latest procedures using state of the art equipment. It is therefore very clear that a person who wishes to be a successful surgeon will have to devote a lot of time to this career.