Dr. Mohammad Ashfaq Konchwalla Orthopedic Surgeon Dubai UAE – Profile of Dr. Mohammad Ashfaq Konchwalla Orthopedic Surgeon at Medcare Hospital, Jumeirah, Dubai
Dr. Mohammad Ashfaq Konchwalla Orthopedic Surgeon
– FRCS (Tr & Ortho), Intercollegiate Board, Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, England, Glasgow and Ireland.
– FRCS (Eng), Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, England
– FRCS (Glas), Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow
– Dip. Sports Med (UK), Royal College of Surgeons of Sports and Exercise Medicine, Edinburgh, England, Glasgow, Ireland.
– MFSEM (UK), Founder Member of Faculty of Sports & Exercise Medicine (UK)
– CCST (UK), Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (UK)
– General Medical Council, UK
– British Orthopaedic Association,
– Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Edinburgh and Glasgow
– Founder Member of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK)
– AO Alumni, Switzerland
– Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK
– Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
– Charring Cross Hospital, UK
– Kings College Hospital, UK
– Memon Medical Institute, Karachi
– National Hospital, Karachi
Hadiqa Street, Al safa, Near Al Safa Park
Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Orthopedic Surgeon in Dubai
An orthopedics surgeon (also known as an orthopedist) is a physician who specializes in the skeletal structure of the body. As a bone and joints expert, an orthopedist can meet with patients at all levels of care. Your orthopedist can accurately diagnose and effectively treat most types of low back pain in the office. An orthopedic surgeon can find the cause of back pain and come up with a treatment plan to lesson or cure this pain. Using both surgical and non-surgical means, the orthopedic surgeon will treat injuries and degenerative problems of the spine. The orthopedist will examine you and study x-rays of your spine. In addition, your orthopedist will want to discuss your complete medical history and a description of the symptoms related to your orthopedic difficulties. A good orthopedist will give you a proper diagnosis and ensure that you receive comprehensive treatment to manage the pain. Based on his/her exam and any test results, the orthopedist will recommend a course of action.
The orthopedist can order physical therapy to decrease pain and offer protective and corrective devices, such as back braces, to aid healing in joints and bones. An orthopedist can prescribe drugs, such as steroids, muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory medications as well as pain killers. He/she can also order tests to determine if a patient is a surgical candidate. However, a good orthopedist will only use surgery as a last resort. The orthopedist will be able to tell you any physical exercises or other forms of treatment that may be required.
It is the study of the musculoskeletal system which involves the bones, joints, ligaments and tendons, muscles and nerves. Orthopedic doctors (also known as Orthopedists or Orthopeds) specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal system problems under the associated medical fields of Orthopedics or Orthopaedics.
The training for orthopedists is intense with undergraduate, medical school, residency, subspecialty work and often research. During their careers, orthopedists often work in an even more specialized practice or in a more defined area within the field of Orthopedics or Orthopaedics, such as the following areas:
Shoulder and elbow surgery
Total joint reconstruction (arthroplasty)
Foot and ankle surgery
Surgical sports medicine