Dr. Mohamed Abdurraouf Elghabrun Orthopedic Surgeon
General Orthopaedics and Traumatology with special interest in Paediatric Orthopaedics
– 1971 to 1975 Postgraduate training in U.K hospitals for F.R.C.S
– 1975 to 2008 University Staff member( 1975 to 1980 in Benghazi Medical School), from 1980 to 2008 at Tripoli Medical School, Professor of Orthopaedics from 1991 to 2008 In Libya
2008 to 2011
– Outpatient consultations for orthopaedic and traumatology including intra-articular injections of various joints,
– Local injections for various orthopaedic conditions, closed and open reductions of fractures , manipulation of fractures, open reduction and internal fixation of various fractures using AO principals , applying various types of plaster, follow up of orthopaedic and fracture cases.
– General Orthopaedic operations, Osteotomies , Arthrodesis of joints, Paediatric Orthopaedic operations, Closed and open reductions of Congenital Dislocation of hip, Conservative and operative treatment of Congenital Talipes Equino-varus deformity, Surgery for Spastic Palsy Total knee and total hip operations.
– Performed Arthroscopy of knee joint and limited experience of spinal fracture fixation.
Canadian Specialist Hospital
Abu Hail Road
Behind Ministry of Environment and Water
Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Orthopedic Surgeon in Dubai
An orthopedics surgeon (also known as an orthopedist) is a physician who specializes in the skeletal structure of the body. As a bone and joints expert, an orthopedist can meet with patients at all levels of care. Your orthopedist can accurately diagnose and effectively treat most types of low back pain in the office. An orthopedic surgeon can find the cause of back pain and come up with a treatment plan to lesson or cure this pain. Using both surgical and non-surgical means, the orthopedic surgeon will treat injuries and degenerative problems of the spine. The orthopedist will examine you and study x-rays of your spine. In addition, your orthopedist will want to discuss your complete medical history and a description of the symptoms related to your orthopedic difficulties. A good orthopedist will give you a proper diagnosis and ensure that you receive comprehensive treatment to manage the pain. Based on his/her exam and any test results, the orthopedist will recommend a course of action.
The orthopedist can order physical therapy to decrease pain and offer protective and corrective devices, such as back braces, to aid healing in joints and bones. An orthopedist can prescribe drugs, such as steroids, muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory medications as well as pain killers. He/she can also order tests to determine if a patient is a surgical candidate. However, a good orthopedist will only use surgery as a last resort. The orthopedist will be able to tell you any physical exercises or other forms of treatment that may be required.
It is the study of the musculoskeletal system which involves the bones, joints, ligaments and tendons, muscles and nerves. Orthopedic doctors (also known as Orthopedists or Orthopeds) specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal system problems under the associated medical fields of Orthopedics or Orthopaedics.
The training for orthopedists is intense with undergraduate, medical school, residency, subspecialty work and often research. During their careers, orthopedists often work in an even more specialized practice or in a more defined area within the field of Orthopedics or Orthopaedics, such as the following areas:
Shoulder and elbow surgery
Total joint reconstruction (arthroplasty)
Foot and ankle surgery
Surgical sports medicine