Dr. Medhat Habib Otolaryngologist Dubai UAE – Profile of Dr. Medhat Habib Otolaryngologist at Al Zahra Hospital, Al Barsha, Hospital
Dr. Medhat Habib Otolaryngologist
MB BcH, D.L.O, FRCS
– Emirates Medical Association
– Vice President of Emirates ENT Society
– Member of British General Medical Council (2693927)
– Member of British Medical Association (7878879)
– Member of British Association of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology Head & Neck Surgery
– Member of American Academy of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology Head & Neck Surgery
– Member of Egyptian General Medical Council (16977)
Al Zahra Hospital
Al Barsha, Near to Sharaf DJ Metro Station
Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Otolaryngologist in Dubai
Otolaryngologists are physicians trained in the medical and surgical management and treatment of patients with diseases and disorders of the ear, nose, throat (ENT), and related structures of the head and neck. They are commonly referred to as ENT physicians. Their special skills include diagnosing and managing diseases of the sinuses, larynx (voice box), oral cavity, and upper pharynx (mouth and throat), as well as structures of the neck and face. Otolaryngologists diagnose, treat, and manage specialty-specific disorders as well as many primary care problems in both children and adults.
Otolaryngologists treat the following:
• The Ears – The unique domain of otolaryngologists is the treatment of ear disorders. They are trained in both the medical and surgical treatment of hearing, ear infections, balance disorders, ear noise, nerve pain, and facial and cranial nerve disorders. Otolaryngologists also manage congenital (birth) disorders of the outer and inner ear.
• The Nose – Care of the nasal cavity and sinuses is one of the primary skills of otolaryngologists. Management of the nasal area includes allergies and sense of smell. Breathing through, and the appearance of, the nose are also part of otolaryngologists’ expertise.
• The Throat – Communicating (speech and singing) and eating a meal all involve this vital area. Also specific to otolaryngologists is expertise in managing diseases of the larynx (voice box) and the upper aero-digestive tract or esophagus, including voice and swallowing disorders.
• The Head and Neck – In the head and neck area, otolaryngologists are trained to treat infectious diseases, both benign and malignant (cancerous) tumors, facial trauma, and deformities of the face. They perform both cosmetic plastic and reconstructive surgery.
ENT treatment will vary according to what type of problems or symptoms you are having. In the early stages of a disorder, surgical procedures may not be warranted, as in tonsillitis, for example. Early treatments will also depend on whether or not the disorder is related to an infection. If an infection is suspected, tests may be performed to determine whether the cause is bacterial or viral. Viral infections will not respond to antibiotics.
Otolaryngology is a brand of medicine that specializes in the treatment and diagnoses of the disorder of the neck and the head. The complete name of the specialty is actually otorhinolaryngology, which includes the Greek words for nose, ear, and throat, which are exactly what these doctors specialize in. This is one of the most competitive specialties for doctors to be able to obtain a residency after medical school in the United States. These kinds of doctors have to have had completed at least five years of surgical residency. For their residency, they have to get one year of general surgical training and then four years in otolaryngology, which includes head, neck, and ear surgery. They can then choose to complete an advanced specialty in this area, and this training can last up to two more years.
So if you have a problem and need ear surgery, this is the kind of specialist that you will need to see. Because of their expertise, they will be able to quickly and accurately diagnose the problem and suggest the right line of treatment. Sometimes that treatment might only require medicine, but it could also mean that the person would be required to undergo ear surgery. This could specifically be needed to help a person hear better, but this kind of doctor might also look into severe and frequent infections or pain.