Dr. Ahmad Ali Basha Hematologists
Ph.D, MD (Syria)
Area of Interest
– Diagnosis and treatment all hematological malignancies
– leukemia’s, lymphomas, myelomas, myeloprlifrative disorders.
– Chemotherapy for all hematological malignancies .
– Management the complication related to the treatment by chemotherapy for all types of cancer including breast, lung, colon, stomach,pancreas, prostate,sarcoma,.etc.
– Diagnosis and treatment all types of anemia (hemolytic, underproduction and refectory anemia.)
– All consultations about bone marrow and stem cells transplant.
– Diagnosis and treatment for all bleeding disorders and preoperative assessment of bleeding risk.
– Diagnosis and treatment for bone marrow failure syndrome .
– Diagnosis and treatment all complications related to blood products transfusion .
– Morphological examination to blood and bone marrow smears.
– Procedure bone marrow aspirate and trephine biopsy.
Saudi German Hospital
Al Barsha 3
Hessa Street 331 West,Off
Exit 36 Sheikh Zayed Road
Opposite American School of Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hematologists in Dubai
A hematologist is a specialist in hematology, the science or study of blood, blood-forming organs and blood diseases. The medical aspect of hematology is concerned with the treatment of blood disorders and malignancies, including types of hemophilia, leukemia, lymphoma and sickle-cell anemia. Hematology is a branch of internal medicine that deals with the physiology, pathology, etiology, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and prevention of blood-related disorders.
Hematologists work in a variety of environments, including blood banks, pathology laboratories and private clinics. Specialists in this branch of medicine can also choose to focus on specific topics within the field of hematology, such as lymphatic organs and bone marrow and may diagnose blood count irregularities or platelet irregularities. They are able to treat organs that are fed by blood cells, including the lymph nodes, spleen, thymus and lymphoid tissue.
The work of hematologists is supported by laboratory technicians who examine samples of blood and blood forming tissue, which provide information about abnormalities and issues identified in laboratory screening. A hematologist may also specialize in genetic testing if he or she focuses on inherited blood conditions. As part of a patient care team, hematologists often work with other doctors to provide complete services to patients with complex conditions.
Not only does a hematologist focus on the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood and bone marrow diseases, but also on immunologic, hemostatic (blood clotting) and vascular systems.
Hematology is a branch of medical science that deals with the study of blood, blood-forming organs, and blood diseases. Medical coders who specialize in hematology coding convert the diagnosis and procedures related to hematology into medical codes according to the established standard. With a firm knowledge of the field of hematology, they are expected to have the proficiency to perform CPT, HCPCS, and ICD coding according to the guidelines.
The ICD-9 brings in updates every year and there are changes more than you can imagine of reporting a particular disorder. Hematology coding is quite demanding and when it comes to the updates, you should be able to implement the changes in a short time, or you would face denials for using deleted, obsolete or truncated codes. And without proving a medical necessity, your practice could face more denials – which you cannot afford. Realize that ICD-9 is the key to prove medical necessity.